Who do I see?

Minor Injury Unit/Community Pharmacy/GP if it persists over 7 days


Mild sprains normally heal in a few days. A Community Pharmacist can provide advice and (where appropriate) prescription medication to help during the healing process. Search for your nearest community pharmacist.

For more severe sprains you should contact the Minor Injuries Unit by phoning 111.

If the sprain hasn’t healed after 1-2 weeks you can should request an appointment with a GP by phoning the reception desk on 0300 790 6277

Further information about aches and sprains from NHS UK.