Sore Throat

Who do I see?

Community Pharmacy/GP or CWIC if it persists


Community Pharmacists can provide advice and medication to treat sore throats. Search for your nearest community pharmacist. 

If you have a sore throat, there are a number of ways you can help yourself. Paracetamol can help with the pain, and gargling with warm, salty water may help shorten the infection (but this isn’t recommended for children). In most cases, you only need to see your GP if your sore throat doesn’t improve after a week.

If you need to see a GP or the CWIC service regarding a persistent sore throat please phone the reception desk on 0300 790 6277 to arrange your appointment.

Further help from NHS inform self-help guide:sore throat