Head Injuries

Who do I see?

A&E if severe/Minor Injury Unit if minor/GP


If you have a severe or significant head injury you should go to A&E straight away. Phone 999 and ask for an ambulance if you cannot get to A&E.

If you have a minor head injury, contact the NHS Lothian Minor Injury Service. They are available 7 days a week. Alternatively, you can ask to see a GP. You can either book an appointment with the GP, or alternatively please phone the reception desk on 0300 790 6277 to arrange your appointment.

Further information about severe head injury available from NHS inform.

Further information about minor head injury available from NHS inform.